Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Linda's Diary


September 24, 1932
Today has been such a great day.  Willy just got home from one of his work trips and seemed to do very well.  He brought home just about $100.  That will help a lot with the hot water heater on the fritz again.  When Willy got home we had a great dinner and all we could talk about was how well the boys are doing.  Biff is doing so great with his football; it just worries me sometimes about his studies.  Bernard helps him but sometimes I just don’t know.  Willy will take care of it, just like he always does.  I am so lucky to have such a great family. I am so grateful for each one of my boys.

June 18, 1953
I know that all it seems that I do is complain lately, but things are getting worse in this household.  The bills are piling up and some things just aren’t getting done.  I know Willy is trying but borrowing from Charley and living only on commission just isn’t going to work.  I hope that the boys start helping out more, but I know they are just trying to get their lives together.  I hope the loan with Oliver goes through with Biff cause that will help him get his feet on the ground.  I love Willy to death but I don’t know how much longer I can keep myself together.  I am always worrying about Willy and not taking care of myself like I would.  I have even stopped dying my hair; I figure what is the point. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully things will get closer to the ways they were.  

4 comments:

  1. I like how you mention Biff's grades and how Linda has stopped dying her hair, it seems these two points get overlooked in Act I, but I like how you put meaning behind them. Like that Linda is letting herself go because of income budgets and how she worried about Biff's grades when none of the other boys did. A lot can be said there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you incorporated in life events into the story like for a Linda to just let her hair go gray is such a big thing for a woman and how you talked about the different things that go on in every family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morgan,
    I think you portrayed Linda very well in these entries. You really captured her character. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is interesting that the only sign of Linda's mental health is her inability to keep her hair died.

    ReplyDelete