Monday, February 11, 2013

Howl Imitation


I see the best minds of my generation not pursuing a future
Who work two or more jobs just to make it through another month
I see the best minds of my generation contemplating whether to go to school or stay at home
Who never or barely graduated high school, but still think they deserve the world
Sitting in their parent’s basement listening to the sound of silence
Pondering what should be their next unnecessary purchase.
I see the best minds of my generation not being unique
Trying to be like everyone else and not wanting to just be themselves
I see the best people of my generation taking the shortcuts in life
Who search and search to copy and paste,
Because it is easier than creating their own pieces of work
I see the best minds of my generation slowly never reaching their full potential
Who never truly went away for college because of the fear of the unknown
I see the best people of my generation always choosing what is easiest
Who still are sitting in the stands at their Alma modern’s games
But have hoped of still making it out
Everything they strived for has somehow disappeared, causing them to not believe in dreams and never living a fulfilling life
I see the best minds of my generation not living up to their potential and regretting everyday


1 comment:

  1. I was really affected by the line, "Who still are sitting in the stands at their Alma mater's games." The majority of the people who I went to high school with are still living in that small town. I wonder if they are missing out on opportunities outside that community. It's like a time warp when I go home.

    ReplyDelete